• President Donald Trump promised a swift end to his war in Iran during a Wednesday-night speech that didn’t describe what military objectives his administration is pursuing nor what it wants from the Iranian government.

    Speaking during the fifth week of Operation Epic Fury, Trump made no mention of thousands of soldiers from the 82nd Airborne Division who arrived in the Middle East in recent days, nor of reports that the Pentagon had put together plans for a ground operation to seize Iran’s highly enriched uranium.

    “Thanks to the progress we've made, I can say tonight, we are on track to complete all of America's military objectives shortly, very shortly,” the president said. “We're going to hit them extremely hard over the next two to three weeks. We're going to bring them back to the stone ages, where they belong. In the meantime, discussions are ongoing.”

    Trump did not detail which military objectives are still left to achieve, though Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has said during briefings over the past month that those had included destroying Iran’s ability to produce and deploy ballistic missiles and drones to target U.S. interests.

    “The country has been eviscerated,” Trump said, adding that Iran “is really no longer a threat.”

    One day earlier, Air Force Gen. Dan Caine, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters that B-52 bombers had entered the fray, continuing air strikes that have hit more than 12,000 targets thus far.

    Three weeks ago, when only 6,000 targets had been struck, Trump told Axios there was “practically nothing left” to target in Iran. 

    On Wednesday, Trump did not say what he wants from Iran to end the war, though he mentioned he could still “hit” their oil.

    He characterized Iran’s new leadership as “less radical,” though newly ascended Ayatollah Mojtaba Khameinei, son of assassinated Ayatollah Ali Khameinei, has been described as even more extreme than his father.  

    Trump also called on other countries to “go to the Strait” of Hormuz, which Iran has effectively shut down by firing on commercial vessels, and “just take it… It will open up naturally.” 

    British Prime Minister Keir Starmer announced Wednesday that the United Kingdom would convene a meeting of 35 countries, not including the U.S., to discuss possibilities for reopening the strait.

    ]]>

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • Space Force guardians are supporting NASA’s first crewed launch to the moon in more than 50 years by forecasting the weather and monitoring security, and, in an emergency, would make the call to abort Wednesday night’s historic mission.

    The service’s Space Launch Delta 45 is tracking by weather and rocket safety conditions for NASA’s launch out of Florida’s Kennedy Space Center. There will be 28 crew members in the mission control center, in contrast to the four or five members used for a typical launch, service officials told reporters during a roundtable Monday. 

    Boeing’s Space Launch System rocket doesn’t have an autonomous flight safety system, which would automatically stop the mission in an emergency. That means more eyes are needed to monitor key data on the rocket and in the skies. 

    “When you don't have an autonomous flight safety system, you have to call up multiple range assets and resources for that function,” said Lt. Col. Gregory Allen, 1st Range Operations Squadron commander. “So that is exactly why we have so many personnel on console for this.”

    The last Apollo mission in 1972 marked the last crewed mission to the moon. The Space Force, since it was created in 2019, has taken on a major role in rocket launches and oversees military and U.S. government missions from Florida’s Cape Canaveral and California's Vandenberg Space Force Base. Additionally, the 1st Air Force’s Detachment 3, the only Defense Department unit tasked with rescue and recovery of commercial space crews, has four helicopters ready at Patrick Space Force Base in case the crew needs to abort the mission.

    Service officials told reporters that airmen and guardians are ready for Wednesday’s launch and opened an emergency operations center manned with first responders, bomb technicians, and others they can “surge” if needed, said Col. Chris Bulson, the deputy commander for installation support. 

    “SLD 45 has a robust team of folks on standby for this particular mission that are well versed with the SLS rocket, the systems on board, and have great teamwork with our detachment three partners to assist them should a recovery be necessary,” Bulson said.

    Given the large public crowds for the event, Space Launch Delta 45 is also preparing for more security patrols and more people to manage crowds on land as well as boaters watching from the ocean, he added.

    The Delta’s 45th Weather Squadron has forecasted favorable conditions for Wednesday’s launch. Unlike the National Weather Service or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the Space Force’s squadron uses guardians who focus on specific factors and local weather that would affect crews, missions, and launch vehicles and pads.

    They also monitor last-minute winds and conditions in case the Artemis II crew needs to abort mid-flight, Col. Douglas Oltmer, the weather squadron commander, told reporters. 

    “If the winds are too strong on shore, and they do have to abort en route, they will need to land over the water for the emergency,” Oltmer said. “So that's one of the things we're forecasting for on our end as well.”

    The squadron’s weather forecasting doesn’t stop once the crews enter outer space. The Space Force has a team alongside the 1st Air Force’s Detachment 3 aboard the Navy’s USS John Murtha transport that will monitor recovery conditions for the crew when they splash down in the Pacific Ocean after their 10-day journey. The four astronauts are scheduled to launch from Kennedy Space Center sometime after 6:24 p.m. on Wednesday, and are scheduled to return off the coast of California on April 10.

    “With Artemis, we started back in November, providing all the support all the way to day of launch, all the way until they recover, and then we actually forecast to bring the capsule all the way back across the country from the West Coast,” Oltmer said. “It's probably one of the coolest jobs an Air Force meteorologist can have here.”

    ]]>

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • Apple pushes rare iOS 18 security patch to protect devices at risk from the DarkSword exploit, urging users to update or move to iOS 26 for stronger protection.

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • A LinkedIn phishing scam uses fake notifications and lookalike domains to steal credentials, hijack accounts, and access sensitive professional data.

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • The Computer Emergency Response Team of Ukraine (CERT-UA) has disclosed details of a new phishing campaign in which the cybersecurity agency itself was impersonated to distribute a remote administration tool known as AGEWHEEZE. As part of the attacks, the threat actors, tracked as UAC-0255, sent emails on March 26 and 27, 2026, posing as CERT-UA to distribute a password-protected ZIP archive

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • The Navy doesn’t want robot boat prototypes, so it nixed its existing unmanned surface vehicle program in favor of an already-made-or-being-built strategy. That move rattled industry last week, but it could bring the Navy closer to getting what it says it needs in medium unmanned surface vessels. 

    Wargames showed the larger Modular Attack Surface Craft vehicle as having “too short a range (2,500 [nautical miles]) to be useful, and sometimes it was hard to effectively use its 16 missiles before the vessel was destroyed by counter-battery fire,” said Bryan Clark, who leads the Hudson Institute’s Center for Defense Concepts and Technology. But the service’s request for the vehicle “didn’t prioritize range, which ends up being the most important characteristic.”

    The Navy canceled the MASC—Modular Attack Surface Craft—program a year after it started and several companies were building vessels in anticipation of an award expected in late 2025. 

    But this latest pivot to a marketplace format may give the Navy a chance to pick from existing technologies and allow defense tech companies to show what they can do. The new approach also means the Navy won’t have to buy prototypes and instead can focus on mature technologies, a Navy official told Defense One.

    “I think the better approach is for industry to formulate their ideas on Navy MUSV concepts and propose them to the Navy,” which “can assess them through modeling and simulation to identify which systems and use cases are most effective,” Clark said.

    The new solicitation for MUSVs tweaks the requirements—such as asking for longer range—and supplants the previous program in favor of a marketplace approach that will serve as a “regular and recurring competitive environment,” the Navy official said via email. 

    “Market research suggests that there are many companies capable [of entering] the marketplace, ranging from start-ups to established shipbuilding companies,” the official said. “The Navy is eager to hear from any and all of these competitors. The selected MUSVs will be driven by mission requirements.  We will procure as many MUSVs in different configurations as required to meet Fleet needs.”

    But while some defense tech companies Defense One spoke to support the changes, there was also frustration, particularly with the high upfront costs of the new solicitation requiring companies to build or present an autonomous boat that can ultimately handle performance tests—such as avoiding collisions with another vessel sans docking.

    When asked about concerns that only companies with major financial backing would be able to compete, the Navy stressed its commitment to fostering competition.  

    “The Navy has been engaging with venture capitalists and tech investors for nearly a year, expressing the Navy’s demand signal. Armed with information about the Navy’s needs and requirements, these investors are using that knowledge to expand their portfolios,” the official said, naming the Pentagon’s Office of Strategic Capital as a resource for interested vendors.    

    Welcome

    You’ve reached the Defense Business Brief, where we dig into what the Pentagon buys, who they’re buying from, and why. Send along your tips, feedback, and song recommendations to lwilliams@defenseone.com. Check out the Defense Business Brief archive here, and tell your friends to subscribe!

    All about space awareness. The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency awarded $2.3 million to Vantor to detect and analyze priority space objects in low Earth orbit in near-real time. The contract for NGA’s Luno B program. The work is already underway and provides automated analysis, which is typically a manual process, and alerts NGA of irregularities. 

    • “This is all powered by our non-Earth imaging capability, our NEI…to capture high-resolution imagery in Space. And we can capture images that are under 10-centimeter resolution, and we can capture them from hundreds of kilometers away,” Susanne Hake, who leads Vantor’s government business, told Defense One. “And then we're able to do automated analysis on those images to help characterize” what the image is. 
    • Background: Space domain awareness is becoming increasingly important for the military and intelligence community as competition or “dogfighting” with adversarial nations persist. This is the third Luno win for Vantor, formerly Maxar Intelligence. No details were provided about the length of the contract. 
    • “Our previous task orders,” she said, “are focused on automated change detection on the ground and AI-enabled object detection across air, land, and maritime. So being able to also layer on that space domain, within that Luno construct, I think represents an ability for us to really build out this more complete, multi-domain picture.” 

    More space moves. Sierra Space named Jeff Schrader its chief strategy officer, a role where he will focus on the company’s expansion efforts, including mergers and acquisitions. Schrader was previously the vice president of strategy and business development at Lockheed Martin Space. The company also has a new CEO and was recently valued at $8 billion after a $550 million funding round. 

    In other space news: This week, Varda Space launched a reentry capsule, its sixth, with experimental payloads as part of an Air Force Research Laboratory project. 

    And one more naval thing: L3Harris Technologies is contracted to deliver a torpedo tube launch and eecovery system for an undisclosed amount in an other transaction authority award through the Pentagon’s innovation agency, the Defense Innovation Unit. “Our system is the first to successfully launch and recover AUVs from a submarine, providing commanders flexibility for persistent undersea operations and maintaining essential stealth,” Nino DiCosmo, the company’s president of maritime, space and mission systems, said in a news release. 

    ]]>

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • Human error exposed 512,000+ lines of Anthropic Claude AI Code, revealing KAIROS and Capybara secrets, pushing users to switch to the Native Installer.

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • Hackers are abusing the Ethereum blockchain to hide and control a new Node.js backdoor called EtherRAT, using a stealthy technique known as EtherHiding to make their command‑and‑control (C2) infrastructure difficult to disrupt. EtherRAT, previously profiled by Sysdig and linked to North Korean “Contagious Interview” activity, is a Node.js backdoor that lets attackers run arbitrary commands, […]

    The post Ethereum-Based EtherRAT, EtherHiding Power Stealthy Malware Campaigns appeared first on GBHackers Security | #1 Globally Trusted Cyber Security News Platform.

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • Artificial intelligence is widely expected to revolutionize intelligence-gathering, enabling faster, cheaper and more scalable collection of information. But a new analysis suggests the technology may also spur a return to some of espionage’s oldest methods.

    A recent article in Studies in Intelligence, the CIA-backed academic journal, argues that as AI degrades the reliability of digital communications like text messages and video calls, traditional human intelligence tradecraft — like dead drops, brush passes and in-person meetings — could regain renewed importance.

    The same technologies that improve intelligence gathering may make it harder to trust the data those tools produce or transmit, argues the author, Thomas Mulligan, a RAND Corporation researcher who served in the CIA from 2008 to 2014.

    AI is already being used to generate convincing deepfakes and fabricate messages. Mulligan argues that these introduce a new source of “noise” into digital communications, which makes it harder to distinguish between authentic and synthetic signals.

    That has implications for how spies communicate with their sources.

    “If my friend tells me, face-to-face, that he is in trouble and needs money, I can be confident that that’s true,” Mulligan writes. But when the same message is delivered through an electronic medium, it becomes “more likely a scam than a bona fide plea for help.”

    That dynamic elevates the value of communication methods that are not mediated through electronic means. 

    A properly executed dead drop, for instance, allows an intelligence officer to securely receive information while also verifying that it came from a specific human source, rather than an AI-generated deception, he says. A dead drop involves a secret location used to exchange information or physical items between people without requiring them to meet face-to-face.

    The same logic applies to brief, in-person exchanges like brush passes, in which spies and sources pass materials to one another during a quick, seemingly routine encounter in public.

    The argument runs counter to assumptions that advances in AI will diminish the role of human intelligence, or HUMINT, in favor of more technical collection methods.

    Long before the advent of spy satellites and tailored computer hacking kits, human intelligence dominated espionage as the world’s oldest form of spying. From royal couriers and informants in the Persian Empire carrying sensitive information across imperial networks to the Culper Spy Ring’s use of invisible ink and dead drops during the American Revolutionary War, intelligence once solely moved through people.

    In recent months, the Trump administration has made it a point to highlight contributions that CIA operatives have made toward its national security achievements, including efforts targeting the government of ousted Venezuela leader Nicolás Maduro. The agency has also taken a more public-facing posture, releasing recruitment videos aimed at sourcing in China. And in the months leading up to the Iran war, agency spies had been reportedly tracking the movements of now deceased Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

    At any given time, the CIA, the nation’s primary human intelligence agency, may be operating across dozens of countries worldwide to collect foreign intelligence or conduct covert action — activities intended to influence political, economic or security conditions abroad, while concealing the U.S. government’s role.

    Mulligan’s paper also comes as the tech industry has pushed for AI adoption across government agencies, including offices focused on national security and intelligence. In February, the CIA announced a major overhaul of its technology procurement process, as part of an effort to more quickly adopt leading-edge capabilities for use in its missions.

    In a phone interview, Mulligan said AI may play a more permanent role in helping human spies craft better-sounding communications, just as cyber experts have argued that AI tools greatly enhance and scale bad actors’ phishing campaigns.

    “A core part of being a case officer and human intelligence operations is persuasion, talking to a prospective agent or a recruited agent and trying to convince him or her to do things that can be difficult, can be dangerous and can be stressful,” he said. “I think AI has a constructive role to play, from the point of view of a case officer, in enhancing his or her ability to persuade.”

    But there’s a prevailing question about how much intelligence practitioners risk when they outsource tasks to AI. Gathering intelligence from other people “is a human business at the end of the day, and it does involve an agent and a case officer as a team engaging in a difficult and sometimes dangerous relationship,” Mulligan said. 

    “My view,” he said, “is that [HUMINT] will have to have a human element — a real, essential human element — for the foreseeable future.”

    ]]>

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • Google has released an urgent security update for its Chrome desktop browser to address 21 vulnerabilities, including a critical zero-day flaw that is actively being exploited in the wild. Users are strongly urged to update their browsers immediately to version 146.0.7680.177/.178 for Windows and Mac, or 146.0.7680.177 for Linux . Active Zero-Day Threat The most […]

    The post Google Warns of New Chrome Zero-Day Under Active Exploitation – Users Urged to Update Immediately appeared first on GBHackers Security | #1 Globally Trusted Cyber Security News Platform.

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶