• Golden Dome’s official projected price tag just jumped $10 billion to $185 billion. Experts say the real cost is likely to be far, far more.

    Gen. Michael Guetlein, the Space Force officer in charge of the sprawling missile defense project, said Tuesday that it was no longer expected to cost $175 billion, the number given by President Trump when he announced the project last May.

    “We were asked to procure some additional space capabilities,” Guetlein told attendees at the McAleese Defense Programs Conference. “So, we are at $185 billion for the objective architecture, which delivers way out into the 2035 timeframe.”

    Experts told Defense One it’s most likely going to exceed that figure. Soon after the project was announced, the Congressional Budget Office predicted  anywhere from $542 billion to $831 billion over 20 years. In September, an American Enterprise Institute report said the highest-end architecture could mount to $3.6 trillion.

    But Guetlein said he was confident in the new figure. 

    “There's been numerous cost estimates out there in excess of a trillion dollars. I would say the difference between what they are estimating and what we are building is they're not estimating what I'm building,” he said. “We are changing that equation for Golden Dome, simplifying it, if you will, just aggregating it, if you will, to bring down that cost equation and not exceed that $185 billion that the President has committed.”

    Todd Harrison, a senior fellow at AEI who has researched Golden Dome’s likely costs, said Guetlein’s $185 billion figure would likely only include a basic capability for space-based interceptors—which has been seen as the most expensive and ambitious part of the project. It’s also, he said, just the beginning of the expenses.

    “My understanding is that is just the near-term cost to acquire an initial level of capability. It's not the total acquisition cost, and it does not include long-term operation and replenishment costs,” Harrison said. “It also is a good indicator that space-based interceptors will be a relatively minor part of the architecture, if they even move out of the demonstration phase.”

    Last year, the Space Force awarded small contracts to companies to develop orbital interceptors and were soliciting proposals for space-based midcourse interceptors, too. Physicists have questioned the project’s use of boost-phase and mid-course space interceptors, claiming it’s impractical against modern missile threats.

    Given Guetlein’s budget estimate, it’s not clear how much space-based interceptors will play a role in the final architecture, said Victoria Samson, the Secure World Foundation’s chief director of space security and stability.

    “Really and truly, it's not going to be cheap, but the long pole in the tent in terms of cost is going to be the space-based interceptor layer,” Samson said. “That's going to be the one that's going to drive it up, depending how much they decide to go ahead with it.”

    Guetlein admitted that the space-based interceptors are a challenge for the program.

    “We have not had anything fail yet, we’ve had numerous successful tests that I can only go into in this environment,” Guetlein said. “If I was to predict where the biggest amount of risk is the space-based interceptor. And it's not the technology, it's the scalability and the affordability.”

    The Pentagon is casting a wide net when it comes to Golden Dome-related work. Early this year, the Missile Defense Agency made several announcements that a total of 2,440 applicants have been approved to compete for work totaling up to $151 billion out of an original pool of 2,463, leaving just 23 applicants out of the running.

    Guetlein said that Lockheed Martin, RTX, and Northrop Grumman are three prime contractors working with six other companies to build command and control capabilities, or C2, layer for Golden Dome.

    “Now, we have a team of nine building our command and control capability, which is really a glue layer that sits upon all these other services and agencies, C2 systems,” Guetlein said.

    While Trump’s January 2025 executive order establishing Golden Dome does not establish a due date for the project, a subsequent December 2025 executive order calls for “developing and demonstrating prototype next-generation missile defense technologies by 2028” leaving Guetlein a little more than two years to meet the president’s goals.

    “I do not have a 2028 mandate inside the executive order. However, the President did ask us to rapidly change the defensive equation of the nation as fast as we possibly can, and put a marker on there for the summer of 2028,” Guetlein said. “By the summer of 2028 I have to demonstrate the ability with operational capability deployed in the field to defend ourselves against those threats as identified in the executive order. That's what they have asked us to do.”

    ]]>

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • Security chiefs watch short videos produced by Cybercrime Magazine

    Steve Morgan, Founder of Cybersecurity Ventures

    Sausalito, Calif. – Mar. 17, 2026

    Around a year ago, Cybersecurity Ventures asked AI “Why use YouTube for marketing?” and it replied “YouTube is a powerful marketing tool because of its vast user base, high engagement rates with video content, and ability to boost brand awareness, drive traffic, and build trust through educational and engaging content, all while leveraging the power of Google’s search engine.”

    Since then, Cybercrime Magazine has produced more than 30 “CISO DEMO” videos. Each video is an elevator pitch or short demo from a cybersecurity vendor presenting their company and/or products and services to the CISOs (chief information security officers), security leaders, decision-makers, and influencers who follow us on YouTube.

    The videos have been released on our award-winning Cybercrime Magazine YouTube Channel, which has more than 1.2 million subscribers and many more viewers globally. In 2025, YouTube’s CEO presented us with the coveted Gold Creator Award.



    To explain why we’re doing this, Adam Keown, CISO at Eastman, a Fortune 500 global specialty materials company with 13,000 employees in more than 100 countries, gives his elevator pitch on the new CISO DEMO videos:

     “There are many times where it’s early in the morning or even late at night that I’m looking at cybersecurity vendors. I’m reading articles. I am trying to find a demo on YouTube for them to give me a glimpse of what’s going on. I want to watch the CISO demo series because it gives me lots of information about a specific vendor or capability or even risk that I’m trying to address in a single bite size amount of time. That helps me narrow down two or three vendors to talk to versus having to speak to the tens of thousand cybersecurity vendors that are out there. Then it leads me to a point where I want a longer engagement with my team so that we can ask some of those tough questions that maybe aren’t answered in the demo. And that’s when we reach out, look for contact information in the video and say, how can we have a further discussion with one of these vendors?”

    If you’re sold on what this security chief has to say, then contact us to find out how we can produce a CISO DEMO for your company.

    Steve Morgan is founder of Cybersecurity Ventures and Editor-in-Chief at Cybercrime Magazine

    The post CISO DEMO: Cybersecurity Vendors Pitch Chief Information Security Officers On YouTube appeared first on Cybercrime Magazine.

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • Cybersecurity researchers have disclosed details of a new method for exfiltrating sensitive data from artificial intelligence (AI) code execution environments using domain name system (DNS) queries. In a report published Monday, BeyondTrust revealed that Amazon Bedrock AgentCore Code Interpreter’s sandbox mode permits outbound DNS queries that an attacker can exploit to enable interactive shells

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • Cybersecurity researchers at 7AI have revealed a new Claude Fraud campaign in which hackers use fake AI extensions and Google ads to steal data from tech professionals.

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • The head of the National Counterterrorism Center resigned from his post Monday over U.S.-Israel war on Iran.

    “I cannot in good conscience support the ongoing war in Iran. Iran posed no imminent threat to our nation, and it is clear that we started this war due to pressure from Israel and its powerful American lobby,” Joe Kent, the head of the center, wrote in a letter to President Donald Trump.

    The National Counterterrorism Center is part of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, which is led by Tulsi Gabbard.

    Kent, who is the highest-ranked official to resign over the attack on Iran, echoed statements by several GOP lawmakers that the nearly 3-week-old war does not align with Trump's “America First” campaign promises.

    “Early in this administration, high-ranking Israeli officials and influential members of the American media deployed a misinformation campaign that wholly undermined your America First platform and sowed pro-war sentiments to encourage a war with Iran,” Kent said.

    Kent is a U.S. special forces and CIA veteran. His late wife, Shannon Kent, was a Navy cryptologic technician killed in a 2019 suicide bombing in Syria. 

    “As a veteran who deployed to combat 11 times and as a Gold Star husband who lost my beloved wife Shannon in a war manufactured by Israel, I cannot support sending the next generation off to fight and die in a war that serves no benefit to the American people nor justifies the cost of American lives,” Kent said.

    Trump nominated Kent for the post in February 2025, and he was confirmed five months later.

    The White House and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

    Gabbard is expected to testify with other top national-security officials before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday. She has campaigned against U.S. intervention overseas, but has not made public statements about the most recent Iran conflict.

    Kent has been a promoter of far-right conspiracy theories, and has referred to participants in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot as “political prisoners.” He also reportedly ordered intelligence analysts to redo a Venezuela-related assessment so that it couldn’t be “used against” President Trump.

    This news is breaking and may be updated.

    ]]>

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • The ransomware operation known as LeakNet has adopted the ClickFix social engineering tactic delivered through compromised websites as an initial access method. The use of ClickFix, where users are tricked into manually running malicious commands to address non-existent errors, is a departure from relying on traditional methods for obtaining initial access, such as through stolen credentials

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • New York, United States, March 17th, 2026, CyberNewswire Unleash AI adoption securely: discover, attribute, and govern AI agents throughout the enterprise Orchid Security, the company bringing clarity and control to the complexity of enterprise identity, today announced it has been recognized as a Representative Vendor in Gartner’s Market Guide for Guardian Agents, as a vendor […]

    The post Orchid Security Recognized by Gartner® as a Representative Vendor of Guardian Agents appeared first on GBHackers Security | #1 Globally Trusted Cyber Security News Platform.

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • New York, NY, March 17th, 2026, CyberNewswire In 2025, Developer Commits Using Claude Code Show 3.2% Secret Leak Rate vs. 1.5% Baseline. The Human Factor Remains Critical GitGuardian, the security leader behind GitHub’s most installed application, today released the 5th edition of its “State of Secrets Sprawl” report, documenting how mainstream AI adoption in 2025 […]

    The post GitGuardian Reports an 81% Surge of AI-Service Leaks as 29M Secrets Hit Public GitHub appeared first on GBHackers Security | #1 Globally Trusted Cyber Security News Platform.

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • Iranian cyber actors are expanding operations targeting US organizations while also exploiting internet-connected cameras across the Middle East for intelligence collection and battlefield awareness. Recent incidents tied to APT group MuddyWater, camera‑focused infrastructure, and hacktivist collective Handala point to an ecosystem that is operational but constrained, prioritizing persistence, visibility, and selective disruption over large‑scale, coordinated cyber campaigns. […]

    The post Iranian Hackers Use Compromised Cameras for Regional Surveillance appeared first on GBHackers Security | #1 Globally Trusted Cyber Security News Platform.

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

  • Enterprise Cloud Network Solutions secure multi-cloud environments with Zero Trust, visibility, and threat prevention across users, apps, and distributed data systems.

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶

    ¶¶¶¶¶